About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Relationship Banker LP (SAFE)…
In this role, you will:
- Employees who are not fully licensed at the time of hire will participate in the Branch Banking Licensed Banker licensing program as a Relationship Banker LP (SAFE). This is a temporary position until employee has successfully completed licensing requirements. Upon successful completion, employees will transition to the Relationship Banker (SAFE) role and perform the following duties:
- Participate in building relationships with customers and spend time understanding required needs
- Identify opportunities for offering a full range of Wells Fargo retail banking deposit and credit products and services, based on customers' needs
- Analyze tactical business challenges related to full-service banking experience to emerging affluent and high-value customers
- Present recommendations for resolving inquiries and service requests regarding customers' accounts
- Open and service accounts within authorized limits, create plans for follow-up and scheduled contacts with customers
- Provide information to internal partners and external sources to further enhance the customer experience
- Identify opportunities to leverage partners and connect customer with the appropriate partner or relationship manager to meet their needs
- Partner with financial advisors to understand appropriate introductions to address the needs of customers with investment or retirement needs
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- Provide self-service digital banking options to customers
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of customer service experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 1+ year of assessing and meeting the needs of customers or helping with issue resolution, demonstrated through work or military experience
- 1+ year of building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and partners
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in customer service, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 6 and Series 63 examinations (or FINRA recognized equivalents) sufficient to qualify for immediate FINRA registration
- State Insurance license(s)
- Customer service focus with experience handling transactions across multiple systems
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business processes to actively manage a group of Wells Fargo customers to meet their needs and grow the business Ability to be proactive, innovative, and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to make client calls and actively participate in the sales development process
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer- coaching
- Experience assessing customer needs and recommending products/services to fulfill those needs
- Experience using business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Ability to educate and connect customer to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Adherence to Wells Fargo sales practices risk management culture
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. FINRA Series 6 and 63 examinations, or equivalent must be completed within either a 90 or 180-day time period following commencement of employment, depending upon the number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance. For certain states, FINRA Series 65 (or equivalent) will also be required. Compliance with state law registration and licensing requirements is mandatory. In addition to state registration and licensing requirements, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA licensing review process at the time of offer acceptance. For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite is required. State Insurance license(s) are required for this role and must be completed within a specified period of time determined by the required number of licenses to be obtained and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position. Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness, and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness; however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.