About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Regulatory Counsel in Legal. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Providing local law advice and counsel on cross-border and in country regulatory issues for the APAC region;
- Working independently with business units to help develop and execute their business strategies and objectives, particularly in obtaining requisite approvals from Head Office committees
- Advising on licensing and conduct regulations in various jurisdictions;
- Lead and engage in projects of a regulatory nature in the APAC region;
- Working with regional and Legal Department stakeholders on dealings with regulators in the APAC region;
- Providing legal advice on compliance policies, advising and working with Compliance Department as appropriate
- Communicating regularly and co-ordinating with the Law Department, in particular adhering to policies and procedures in retaining and managing external counsel relationships and all related legal expenses, particularly on transactions
- Consulting with and advising clients and representing the Wells Fargo in dealing with others inside and outside the organization, as appropriate
- Keeping other Law Department and line of business colleagues updated on law developments and their impact on Wells Fargo’s businesses in the Asia-Pacific region
- Duly qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in Hong Kong, Singapore, England, the United States or other common-law jurisdictions, possessing circa 10 years of experience practising law with a major law firm or financial services organisation
- Substantial experience in Asia representing international financial institutions on cross-border transactions and regulatory issues
- Good technical knowledge of markets and relevant laws (securities, derivatives, lending etc.) with respect to capital markets, securities, derivative, FX, structured finance, lending, trade finance and similar products
- Ability to manage projects and work with multinational and multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and organisation skills
- Flexible, collaborative, proactive, creative and entrepreneurial approach
- Knowledge of US securities laws and banking regulations (and how they impact global coverage models) would be useful
- Fluency in Chinese language (read and write) an advantage
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.