About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Equipment Finance Underwriter responsible for analyzing, reviewing, and making credit decisions for new transaction opportunities in our Equipment Finance Vendor Financial Services group. Position includes conducting in-depth research of financial, operating, and economic data and preparing credit memorandum across various industries including construction, information technology, and healthcare. Transactions to be presented to senior credit leaders for approval. The role will also include performing annual reviews on existing portfolio customers.
Additionally the role will include various special projects including quality control reviews, internal audit review, and regulatory and compliance reviews.
Underwriter will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including commercial, operations, legal, and compliance groups.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives for researching financial and credit information for larger and more complex commercial or business loan and lease requests
- Assist in structuring and approval of loan or leases within delegated authority and recommend transactions in excess of credit authority
- Review and research financial and credit information for larger and complex loans and lease requests that require in-depth evaluation
- Make decisions in complex and multifaceted situations requiring exceptional understanding of the Equipment Finance Underwriting functional area, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to achieve business objectives
- Mentor or review analysis of less experienced individuals
- Lead projects and approve transactions in excess of their credit authority
- 5+ years of Equipment Finance Underwriting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and other applications
Pay Range in Danbury, Connecticut $115,900 - $206,100
Pay Range$96,600.00 - $171,800.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.