About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Physical Collateral Examination Associate
within Commercial Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
Territory based in Kansas City, MO. You must live in assigned territory for efficiency purposes or be willing to relocate.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in audits of floor plan inventory at various dealerships and companies
- Perform physical inspections of dealer inventories and reconcile with business records through effective communications with account managers
- Review approval requests and ensure completion of all operating and action measures within established timeframes
- Inspect physical existence of collateral and verify the borrowers' records to determine adherence to approve loan structure
- Receive direction from supervisor to ensure accurate responses on customer inquires and disputes
- Exercise judgment in determining the cause of discrepancies and disposing of any variances
- Assess condition of collateral with prompt and accurate reporting to confirm the collateralized position
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 6+ months of Collateral Examination experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Customer service experience
- Able to anticipate and adapt to rapidly changing, growth-oriented environment
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient knowledge of business practices and processes
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Must be willing to travel overnight up to 50% of the time
- Ability to push/pull 50 pounds and lift 25 pounds
- Ability to work in outdoor environments up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to travel daily with 4 or more hours of driving per day
- Reliable transportation for daily business travel
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.