About this role:
This role includes model testing, development of libraries, analytic framework design, data infrastructure construction and maintenance. Liaising with onshore partners, working in collaboration and strong partnership with model developers and various other stakeholders.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop tool library standard, apply good practices in coding, testing, and structuring of risk analytics tools across teams and projects
- Model tests, library development, analytic framework design, analytic data infrastructure construction and maintenance, and relevant system implementation
- Working in close partnership with model developers, model users, risk technology and other stakeholders
- Perform highly complex activities related to design, development, implementation and documentation tools & infrastructures for quantitative risk models analytics
- Participate in the discussion related to analytical strategies, modelling methods workflow, analysis and testing procedure and operation process
- Collaborate and consult with model developers, model users, risk technology experts
Essential qualifications/ Market skill set
- 5+ years of quantitative analytics programming experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics or computer science
- Programming skills using Python/SQL/Excel/Java/R
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Education/experience in quantitative areas
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in quantitative computing system and database development is preferred
- Knowledge in financial products and market and/or counterparty risk
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.