About this role:
The Enterprise Application Security Program enhances the ability of the development organization to consistently deliver highly functional applications that are secure and resilient against attack. We develop the policies, processes, and tools to proactively embed security into Wells Fargo-developed applications. The person in this role is a key member of the Secure Software Group who will manage core application security tools and develop custom software to integrate with the development pipeline.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain and expand the enterprise vulnerability management system, ThreadFix
- Design, develop, and test custom software/scripts to integrate security, software development, and risk management systems
- Design and implement features and processes that seamlessly embed application security vulnerability management into Agile development and CI/CD deployment methods
- Ensure tools and documentation are maintained in accordance with enterprise policies and best practices
- Provide expert, 3rd level support on technology issues
- Drive vendor accountability to address product defects
- Support patching, upgrade, business continuity testing, and performance management
- Collaborate with Application Security Champions, development team members, and other Cybersecurity teams as a product and vulnerability management SME
- Collaborate with an offshore development and product support team
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of ThreadFix experience
- 5+ years of technology management experience (managing software upgrades, ensuring availability, etc.)
- 3+ years of software development or scripting experience (C#/.Net preferred)
- 3+ years of SQL experience. T-SQL / MSSQL preferred.
- 3+ years of application security experience
- Experience with Agile and CI/CD technologies such as Jira, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot complex technology integration issues
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours
• Available for occasional travel
Wells Fargo’s industry-leading application security program is seeking an engineer to help develop innovative, next generation vulnerability management solutions to secure thousands of applications and millions of customers. In this role, you will guide Wells Fargo’s application security vulnerability management practice and provide technical leadership in a collaborative team of onshore and offshore resources.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.