About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Enterprise Functions Technology is responsible for supporting enterprise technology initiatives related to messaging and collaboration, Risk Technology, Finance Technology, corporate systems data, and various internal systems and tools. Our services include support for database administration, data warehousing, email, Intranet, system development tools, HR systems, and General Ledger systems.
We are looking for a passionate Python & PySpark senior/lead developer with good exposure to Oracle DB and stored procedures. A successful candidate should be self-motivated/self-directed and demonstrate high proficiency in application design, coding, code reviews, refactoring and troubleshooting. The individual will support and assist in the analysis and design of complex technical solutions including maintaining and modifying new and existing application modules, creating necessary design documentation, participating in code review, researching production issues, test support issues etc.
• 10+ years’ strong development experience in Python, PySpark.
• Exposure to writing APIs, API Gateways, Microservices.
• Experience and knowledge in continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) using udeploy, Jenkins, github, JIRA. Dev Ops.
• Good understanding of Data modelling, Database design, Data analytics, Data warehousing concepts, Data Quality and Data Governance
• 3+ years’ experience in working with Oracle PL/SQL procedures
• Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
• Proficiency in Linux and shell scripts, job scheduling
• Assure adherence to standards, best practices, and alignment with overall architecture
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
• Knowledge of automated testing is a plus
Nice to have
• Banking/ Financial Services Experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with Agile delivery methodology
• Good analytical & debugging skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
• Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
• Database query design and optimization
• Ability to drive the requirements process with both technical and business partners
• Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.