About this role:
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Wells Fargo is seeking a ServiceNow SPM (Strategic Portfolio Management) Senior Software Engineer, focusing on development of SPM utilizing best practices and technical standards. This role will partner with Technical Governance, Platform Architecture and ServiceNow Platform Developers to ensure that design, coding and practices are in alignment with scalable enterprise solutions. This role will take on application development responsibilities for Wells Fargo’s ServiceNow SPM modules supporting Enterprise level business initiatives including, but not limited to Enterprise business change management.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Implement solutions, by configuring and customizing scripting, for all components of the ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) product.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Lead the conceptualization, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area.
- Design, code, configure, unit test, maintain, and document software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Ensure that solutions delivered by self or team members are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices.
- Code ServiceNow solutions within an Agile Framework.
- Further your career with paid certification paths to make your mark at one of the largest ServiceNow instances in the industry.
- Lead large scale planning of strategies.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of ServiceNow experience in building, implementing, and maintaining platform technologies, workflows and integrations
- ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) module experience
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- One or more of the following ServiceNow certifications: (CSA) Certified Systems Administrator, (CIS) Certified Implementation Specialist, or (CAD) Certified Application Developer
- Jira and Jira Align experience
- Agile experience
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.