About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,500 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Consumer Data & Engagement Platforms (CDEP) is a multi-disciplinary team that leverages data & analytics to build scalable products & platforms with a strategic focus on building most seamless customer experience & improving financial health of our customers and deepen customer relationships.
About the Role:
We are seeking highly skilled and talented Lead Analytics Consultant who will form part of an agile group of professionals that will work across the Consumer and Small Business core businesses and functions to provide deep analysis and strategic solutions to enable existing and new businesses to develop and expand.
The Transaction Migration Lead Analytics Consultant will drive cross-channel analytics to support transaction migration efforts, a key CSBB strategic objective. This individual contributor will facilitate robust tracking of digital enhancements on contact center call volumes and branch transactions to empower CSBB leadership with the insights and analytic framework necessary to help optimize efficiencies of branch banking and contact center service models. They will facilitate use and adoption of a common cross-channel framework (e.g. Customer Task) to inform investment prioritization across LOBs. To accomplish this, they will work closely with Customer Data & Engagement Platform (CDEP) Consumer Data Products (CDP) team to deliver the Consumer Data Framework (CDF), which will accelerate consumer insights through a centralized platform, enhanced tooling, and a single source of truth.
The CDEP team is a function that spans Wells Fargo’s three Consumer Lines of Business. The goal of the function is to build cutting-edge data and analytics assets and deploy them to directly improve Customer Experience and deepen customer relationships.
Specifically, we are looking for someone with an analytical acumen and ability to define hypothesis & assumptions, lay out data required, gather, and analyze data and apply the business P&L (revenue, cost, margin, etc.) levers to refine strategies.
Business partner facing role, we are looking for a high performer to join our team and help us set the structure, follow up on challenging deliverables and deliver projects which aligns with the consumer business priorities. In this highly consultative and visible role you will collaborate with partners across the bank.
- Understand the business question & context to create a logical & structured analytical plan for finding insights and communicating the business value.
- Create in depth reports and presentations on the businesses initiative and needs and provide the requisite forecasts and expectations as it relates to the desired outcomes.
- Keep studying and staying abreast of new and potential trends in the industry to be able to formulate the end solution with the supporting data and P&L impact
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive the proposed solution -Leveraging the internal data expertise and coupling with industry views
- Working with various LoB heads to understand the data
- Create data visualizations that communicate information effectively
- Effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions
Required Qualifications :
- University degree in statistics, math, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis from tier 1 universities.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an analytical and creative mindset. Strategy and implementation experience
- Execution oriented, professional demeanor, self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities.
- 7+ years of Data, Analytics and Reporting, Financial Modeling, Statistics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Strong project management skills, including ability to work to deadlines and give realistic estimates.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and ability to query data using SQL.
- Ability to blend data across multiple data sources and create story by connecting dots, present to senior stakeholders in executive ready presentations
Desired Qualifications :
- Good to have: Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cross-channel data and analysis
- Skilled data scientist with the ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Financial analytic proficiency rooted in sound business principles of ROI-optimization
- 7+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 7+ years of experience integrating multiple data from multiple platforms (e.g. relational databases and cloud-based)
- Knowledge and understanding of digital channel systems, processes, and analytic tools
- Proficiency in banker-assisted (branch banking and contact center) data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Ability to create and improve process through strategic thinking
- Experience designing and developing business intelligence or data analytics applications using tools such as Tableau
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Good understanding of Banking/ Financial services domain (Consumer Banking/ Wealth & Investment Management)
- Tenacity and persistence to ensure compliance with tight deadlines
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.