About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Investment Banker (Director Level) to join our Structured Products Group. The chosen candidate will be responsible for origination, structuring, credit underwriting and ongoing portfolio management of term margin lending transactions (loans typically backed by single stock or basket of stocks). In coordination with CIB Markets’ Equities division, the candidate will play a lead role in creating and growing a term margin lending business.
In this role, you will:
Solicit new business opportunities via internal referrals and external networking efforts (other bankers and sponsors)
Structure and develop terms for such opportunities
Pre-screen transactions with front line and credit constituents
Prepare credit underwriting memos
Review legal documents with internal or external counsel
Perform post-closing covenant compliance and surveillance work
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Investment Banking experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of equity structuring solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance or economics
- Direct experience, at a bulge bracket bank, originating, structuring, and executing equity and equity-linked products (i.e. term margin loans, bond hedge / warrant, capped call, derivative-based share buybacks, structured financing)
- Ability to make timely and independent credit decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Experience in leading loan transactions either in a bilateral or lead agent capacity
- In-depth knowledge of sponsor finance or equity derivatives markets
- Existing client or agent bank relationships in the corporate equity derivatives space
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving landscape
- Ability to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
- Base pay range for this position in New York is 275,000.00 - 275,000.00 USD
- May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights or other long-term incentive awards
Pay Range$173,300.00 - $359,900.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.