About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Analytics Senior Manager to Lead Wholesale Operations Analytics Group. The group sits within Commercial Banking Data and Analytics in Wells Fargo. This role will be responsible for partnering across the operations teams to understand operational workflow, priorities and hence be able to deliver analytics related to reporting, simplifying operational process and improve customer experiences. The role will be leading a team of analysts and junior manager and will partners with senior leaders in Operations to build data organizations to deliver suite of models and algorithms, reporting and dashboards etc. which can be used for optimal operations. This role is strategic is nature and will require significant experience in building, managing teams as well new partnership developments. The role will need someone to have detailed experience in data and analytics- more preferably in Operations research, and workflow management.
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership to develop a team of analytic team members who can build and maintain operations analytics for entire Wholesale operations.
- Responsible for managing client requirements, service SLAs, and strong adherence to team deliverables.
- Analyzes business needs and translate into recommendations/solutions to maximize operational efficiency, quality and compliance with Wells Fargo policies.
- Works independently as well if required - to analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related and/or data challenges.
- Lead the creation and delivery of data outputs and related reporting. As needed, develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses, and/or data visualizations.
Essential skills qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience in Operations research, advance analytics and modeling; a master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 15+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Operations Analytics, Forecasting, Operations research
- 8+ years of Team management experience of a team size of 20+ Team members
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing SAS, SQL, Tableau
- 5+ years of experience in an environment that utilizes large relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, or Teradata
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Required Technical Skills
- Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, SAS, R, Python
- BI Tools: Oracle BI, SSRS, Tableau
- OS: MS Windows
- Financial services experience (Wholesale Banking a plus) and Operations research
- Understanding Financial products, systems, and platforms
- Applications: MS Office (Access, Excel, Word), SharePoint
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.