About this role:
The Wells Fargo cryptographic team provides and supports encryption, tokenization, and cryptographic key management companywide solutions for Wells Fargo. We are seeking a qualified, motivated engineer with a strong knowledge of process automation to join our team. This engineer will be expected to assist with the delivery automated solutions for hardware, software, and business processes. This person will also become a subject matter expert in one or more solutions, providing knowledge and support to users and others within the team as well as their own leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex cryptography and information protection products and services.
- Design, develop and implement automation for manual processes, via scripting and other automation tools.
- Developing and deploying service health features which include synthetic transactions and system monitoring utilizing standard protocols such as Syslog, Splunk and Prometheus.
- Participate in evaluation and testing of new cryptographic products and services.
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for highly complex security and cryptographic technology solutions.
- Collaborate and work with all levels of professionals, including managers.
- Need to be capable of creating technical/engineering documentation and have excellent written and oral communication.
- Utilize agile scrum and Kanban processes to track work and participate in recurring agile meetings.
- Proven experience successfully designing, developing, and deploying automated solutions for technical and engineering processes.
- Experience with Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Proven experience with change and incident management practices in medium to large enterprise environments.
- 3+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 1+ years of experience performing builds, administration and/or support of hardware security modules or security appliance devices.
- 3+ years of Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience with in-depth knowledge of troubleshooting, OS hardening and OS tuning.
- 1+ years of experience with encryption or tokenization technologies.
- Advanced Knowledge of Cloud key management and Bring Your Own Key (BYOK).
- Knowledge of cryptographic protocols & algorithms.
- Understanding of (format preserving encryption) FPE, tokenization and TDE (transparent data encryption) etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing infrastructure upgrades, security patches, version upgrades for systems, appliances and HSM’s
- Experience with Thales CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager (CCKM).
- Experience with and the ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced technology and/or information security organization, within a large enterprise environment.
- Experience with application support in Linux and Windows server environments.
- Experience performing technical product assessments, including development of implementation plans, in a large enterprise.
- Experience mentoring/guiding less experienced staff.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced critical thinking, problem solving and technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to identify and assess issues then make sound decisions.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, GIAC or equivalent.
- Cloud certifications such as AZ-900, MS-900 or equivalent/higher.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced scripting skills specifically around log rotation, data collection, error collection and alerting.
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing infrastructure upgrades, security patches, or version upgrades.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing synthetic transactions for the monitoring of applications and/or infrastructure.
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible or similar automation tools.
- Public cloud engineering or support experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Splunk.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cryptographic Technologies and Key Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or the financial services industry.
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames.
- Application development experience.
- Ability to work on call /off-hours as assigned per the Team on-call rotation.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.