About this role:
The Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSBB) Global Solutions Program Office Risk Management Team drives reliable and repeatable approaches to operational risk management across CSBB business lines with offshore activities. A key priority for the team is the consistent and value-added delivery of compliance/operational risk management programs dedicated to controlling risks for businesses that offshored their activities outside of United States.
This position will be responsible for the risk management program supporting CSBB global delivery activities (GDAs). CSBB businesses engage in numerous global delivery activities via Wells Fargo’s Global Delivery Enablement (GDE). As the CSBB businesses continue to evolve and grow their global delivery presences, there are increased risk management expectations from CSBB Control, corporate risk, and regulators.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting US Functional Manager in training and mentoring new team members.
- Performing self-assurance activities (SAA) on CSBB global delivery activities in India and the Philippines. Responsibilities include scoping and planning QA review on assigned processes; time management of QA review schedule to ensure timely completion of QA review/test plans.
- Conducting monthly monitoring of key global delivery activities to ensure processes meeting SLA/quality targets.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and corporate policies requirements impacting CSBB and any changes to existing controls/processes are appropriately risk assessed.
- Leading the assessments, drafting and partnering with business/Control consultants to respond to new/edited major requirements and/or controls.
- Monitoring for timely SHRP updates post QA findings/self-identified issues development, and periodic evaluations, etc.
- Ensuring adequate visibility for the program and timely issue resolution via issue management, decision making, reporting, and escalation.
- Reporting findings and providing recommendation/trending on assigned review activity status, including compliance testing, periodic evaluations and other monitoring, along with weak rating to business and key stakeholders
- 4+ years of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of direct experience in compliance or operational risk management
- Experience in the financial / banking industry
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience preparing conclusion memos, executive summaries, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify issues and ask challenging questions; to credibly challenge existing practices or protocols
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of employees
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with global delivery practices
- Cross functional understanding of risk and controls applicability to activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including experience in articulation of risks both verbally and in writing to various levels of staff and management.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong management reporting skills, ability to translate data into actionable information.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time as well as adapt to changing and competing priorities.
- Experience with operational risk framework and related processes.
- Experience with Wells Fargo’s corporate organizational structure, the WF operational risk processes, and the systems necessary to support the WF operational risk program (e.g. SHRP, RCSA, BPRM, ILD, etc.)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Visio, Excel and Word) and an understanding of banking systems and software.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team within the CSBB Front Line Risk Management team and with other support partners.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.