About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Forward Hire Associate Branch Manager (SAFE) for Branch Banking as part of the Consumer and Small Business Banking division. You will be a trailblazer in this new endeavor for Wells Fargo. This is a highly visible, critical role you get to play with a great career path. The Associate Branch Manager forward hire is designed to provide a consistent and positive customer and employee experience across a specific geography. Throughout your time as a Forward Hire Associate Branch Manager, you will increase the depth and breadth of your experience leading and managing teams across a variety of branch locations within the geography.
As an Associate Branch Manager forward hire, you will have the opportunity for development and hands-on-training while supporting multiple branch locations in the district. Based on business needs and as opportunities arise within the geography, the Forward Hire Associate Branch Manager (SAFE) employee will transition to either Associate Branch Manager or Branch Manager (SAFE) within the geography.
In this role you will:
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, deadlines and new surroundings while meeting customer’s needs.
- Execute Influence Management. You’ll lead, manage and develop a team of indirect reports in overseeing risks, ensuring exceptional customer service, and related transactional tasks and processes to ensure timely completion, quality, and compliance in retail banking
- Identify opportunities for making retail banking easier for customers through education and demonstration of available digital options
- Introduce customers to partners that support their required needs
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding customer and team experience, risks, and growth of the retail banking team to meet regional banking business objectives
- Execute policies and procedures in alignment with applicable regulations, as well as audit and escalation procedures
- Collaborate and consult with peers and retail banking colleagues and leaders
- Serve as a role model to deliver an exceptional customer experience and focus on building relationships
- Engage customers to understand their financial needs, and work proactively to help customers succeed financially
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Regional Banking
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction
- This position requires compliance with the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations
- Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results
- Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 2+ years of finance or banking experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- 4+ years of finance or banking experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Leadership experience including coaching, training, developing and building a high performing team
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Extensive experience in asking questions and identifying complex financial needs in order to provide recommendations on products and services to customers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively network and represent Wells Fargo within the community
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customer and team members
- Customer service, operations, or financial service management experience within a high volume, fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities, exercise independent judgment, and use critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead a team to influence, educate, and connect customers to technology and share the value of digital banking options
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance controls, risk management and loss prevention
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Experience in coaching and influencing management, as well as experience with the affluent or high net worth customer segment
- Adaptable and flexible coaching style which takes into account the needs and learning styles of a diverse team
- Experience making work-related outbound phone calls
- This position may potentially rove between branches in a specific geography to provide leadership support for locations where a branch manager is out of the office or to temporarily cover vacancies, until you are assigned to a branch.
- In this role, the Forward Hire Associate Branch Manager will be expected to commute to the assigned location(s) for the duration of the branch assignment (reimbursement for mileage and/or public transportation is provided).
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) website (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
This position will support branches in the Capitol Hill District listed below and could support other branches in Washington DC and Maryland.
16000 Crain Highway, SE, Brandywine, MD 20613
215 PENNSYLVANIA AVE SE, WASHINGTON, DC 20003
2119 BLADENSBURG RD, WASHINGTON, DC 20018
490 L ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20001
99 M STREET SE, WASHINGTON, DC 20003
444 N CAPITOL ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20001
3200 Pennsylvania Ave, SE, Washington, DC 20020
6175 Oxon Hill Rd, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
100 Rosewick Road, LaPlata, MD 20646
1545 Alabama Ave SE, Washington, DC 20032
5801 Silver Hill Rd, District Heights, MD 20747
1901 7TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20001
1934 14TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20009
3050 Waldorf Market Pl, Waldorf, MD 20603
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.