About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Data Engineering Manager for Portfolio & Governance in the Data Platforms & Cloud Migration Engineering team that is part of Data Solutions & Services. The team’s responsibilities include Teradata Engineering, and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Engineering and Data Scanning Engineering.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the product portfolios are managed end to end including licensing, cost usage, compliance with our patching and vulnerability policy deadlines and also crucial in defining, maintaining and delivering to our roadmap for the products owned that powers analytics in the enterprise. The position will also be responsible for Intake and onboarding of new applications and stakeholders in addition to proper planning for growth – both organic and inorganic.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop teams of data engineers in roles with that manage the data platform products
- Manage the roadmap, investment and license portfolio for the products
- Monitor compliance to policy for hardware and software management
- Liaise with stakeholders for product evolution and growth – stakeholders include 100+ application partners, thousands of users
- Engage and influence internal partners and peers associated with the data technology function
- Own data products environments, integrate with new technologies and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the organization
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions of the data engineering team to meet moderate to high risk deliverables
- Collaborate with supervisors or managers to monitor issues and to ensure quality and efficiency in the Technology functional area
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Data Engineering Management to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 4+ years of Data Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years experience in Agile delivery
- 4+ years experience leading large software delivery teams
- 4+ years with data warehousing and ETL processes
- 4+ years with programming languages, including any of the following: Java, Python, R, Scala, ETL Tools, SQL (Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience managing a data warehousing product or large enterprise capability
- Experience in big data and cloud computing
- Experience working through a Cloud transformation and moving data products to a Cloud supported solution
- Ability to work on-site at approved location at least three days a week
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.