About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Principal Technology Business Services Consultant to be part of the BISO team covering Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking in partnership with the CIO team for the area.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a top subject matter professional to lead complex, innovative, high risk, and diverse initiatives with companywide cross technology impact, or with significant scope, cost, and benefits
- Lead the strategy and resolution of the most complex and significant challenges across multiple lines of business within CB and CIB
- Define, plan, develop, and implement or consult on major information and Cybersecurity strategies, processes, or ongoing programs with broad cross technology impact
- Provide vision, leadership, and industry expertise regarding technology matters to develop programs that are effective, efficient, and which significantly influence the organization's business
- Lead the technology team to provide support and drive strategic initiatives for the business and for execution of operational processes
- Serve as an experienced advisor to more experienced leadership across the technology organizations or client lines of business
- Provide oversight to the Information Security program CB and CIB and the technology partners in the CCIBT CIO team.
- Consult with line of business on the consistent implementation of the enterprise information security model and solutions to remediate information security risks. Become a trusted advisor to one or more of the the CCIBT direct reports
- Ensure that risks to all information assets are being managed in a timely and effective manner to meet the Information Security Program requirements and the current threat landscape
- Develop a strong agile mentality within the team and implement a strong communication framework with stakeholders around the portfolio of activities that include Policy, Cyber Defense, Insider Threat, Exceptions analysis , New LoB Initiatives, Audit and Regulatory matters, Customer Interaction
- Represent BISO team in Governance meeting, contributing with insightful topics and the ability to highlight areas of priority for Cybersecurity
- Provide strong representation for our Development and LoB organization back into the Cybersecurity with the view to continuously improve our Services incorporating Customer feedback
- Ensure information security capabilities are included in all aspects of the company's technology architecture
- Proactively manage the information security risk profile of line of business information assets throughout the lifecycle of the asset
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to more experienced leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that are large-scale, cross-functional, or companywide strategies
- Ensure the team has the necessary training and is keeping abreast of regulatory and compliance issues
- Engage with all levels of professionals and managers companywide and serve as an experienced advisor to leadership
- Particular attention will be required to ensure proper management of Information Security policy Exceptions to ensure that they are properly addressed and timely resolved to reduce our risk posture
- Drive the provision of insightful commentary for committee and councils meeting regarding risks topic with the potential of impacting our stakeholder
- Action areas of attention deriving from thematic analysis of risks for the areas covered by the BISO to aid discussions and activities that have the objective of take risk out of our environments
- Becomes the Policy management coordinator for the team ensuring there is a clear understanding of potential impact and then communicate clearly the implication to our counterparts
- Monitors, reports and tracks and action activities deriving from Information Security programs with the lines of business and technology counterparts.
- Provides strategic consultation to business, technology and risk leadership regarding long- and short-range information security requirements and recommends security innovations that anticipate the future direction of the aligned business and technology.
- Supports the line of business during Cyber Security incidents with prompt communication of activities, expertise on the impact and follow-up on root cause
Required Qualifications, US:
- 10+ years of Information Technology in support of Business Services experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of information or cyber security experience.
- Experience with Commercial Banking, Corporate and Investment banking, Treasury Management and Payments.
- Experience working in a Business Information Security (BISO) organization
- Proven Experience in interacting and creating mutually beneficial relationship at the C-Suite level
- Experience in participating in senior governance meetings like Divisional Risk and Control Committees, LoB CEO level presentations and Operating Committee is highly beneficial.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Pay Range below applies to candidates in the New York, New York location.
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.