About this role:
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
The India Corporate Risk Team provides best in class risk management practices to enhance credit and market risk management, executing on key initiatives and processes across products and lines of business (LOBs).
The Risk Modeling Group (RMG) Team is a unit within Corporate Credit and Market Risk and is responsible for model development, implementation and monitoring. The RMG models are used to support the Allowance for Credit Loss (including Current Expected Credit Loss), to estimate risk weighted assets (RWA) in compliance with Basel regulations, and to support the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) exercise.
Decision Support Credit Modeling Team manages Credit score model development, maintenance and monitoring, CARE data base management/new data sourcing and relationship variables usage, Customer level risk assessment and support digital customer experience through projects like financial health & credit education, pre-qualification and credit interaction in the digital environment. The team also provides analytical support for strategic analytical initiatives (e.g. new credit tools/bureau attributes/data sources etc) and identifies/evaluates emerging risk across Cards & Retail Service and Personal Lending Group.
The team is looking for an experienced Senior Quantitative Solutions Engineering Specialist for the Credit Risk Modeling team activities.
Specifically this role will:
- Support Decision Support Credit Modeling team for LOB including Credit Card, Student Lending, Personal Lines and Loans
- Develop implement and monitoring decision support models using machine learning techniques like XG-Boost, Random Forest, GBM etc.
- Responsible for Consumer Lending quarterly model monitoring reports, identifying and explaining trends and key drivers.
- As COE, look for synergies and efficiencies across the current LOBs model monitoring methodologies and processes to be the best in class Model Monitoring team
- Work closely with model owners, corporate credit and model governance to on-going status of the models
- Research work to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness through innovation and development of cutting edge reporting/analytical tools
- Will facilitate presentations on analytical findings and modeling related topics with the onsite modeling team and partners as appropriate.
To thrive in this environment, candidates must have demonstrated the ability to learn rapidly and solve problems dynamically, excellent and insightful communication skills to unite diverse opinions, high degree of initiatives with a strong drive for results, and strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with partners in Corporate Credit, Marketing, and Finance and Risk strategy teams.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics with 5+ years of overall work experience, with relevant work experience in field of credit risk analytics, risk reporting or risk analytics
- Excellent SAS, Python and Excel skills in performing complex large data manipulation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete projects on time
- Mentor , train and coach junior team members to enable the deliver their projects independently
- Experience with Credit Scoring
- Experience in producing high quality technical documentation with tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop strong presentation that is concise and tells a compelling story
- Experience in managing through influence, and presenting to all levels of management and stakeholder
- Advanced degree in statistics, finance, math, engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Previous experience with unsecured/ secured lending with a focus on credit cards or personal lines and loans
- Excellent analytical ability in interpreting data, analytical results to draw insights to provide accurate loss forecasts and help business manage the credit risk effectively.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to connect dots, see big picture and find solutions and articulate in a clear manner.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques and creation or management of model monitoring reporting and documentation
Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.