Control Management Associate Manager
About the role
The Customer Remediation Verification (Transaction Verification -TV) team is responsible for end-to-end front-line verification and holistic evaluation of customer remediation efforts. The Transactional Verification team reviews and challenges customer remediation steps to confirm steps were executed in a complete and accurate manner.
The team is seeking a talented and experienced Associate Manager to be part of and lead a team of control management specialists to provide front line verification to remediation efforts across various Lines of Business.
The candidate would provide analytical and transactional support and on-hands leadership to the team across a wide array of process or life cycle.
Primary role is to apply strong business knowledge and advanced analytical skills to provide quality reviews and think out-side-of-the-box and develop innovative yet practical risk management solutions. An individual who is result driven, goal oriented, ready to scale steep learning curves and enjoys a fast-paced working environment will find this opportunity both challenging and exciting.
- Manage a team of Control Management specialists and senior specialists
- Ensure quality work output for the Customer Remediation Verification program
- Monitor methodology, quality scorecards, and reporting
- Establish root cause and develop comprehensive reports and recommendations
- Perform analysis on products, processes, or programs as necessary
- Ensure that Quality standards are created and maintained along with defined service level
- Coach staff to ensure resolution of issues by providing guidance and feedback to correct performance
- Write and conduct performance evaluations
- Advise staff on complex issues and problems where expertise is required to interpret and administer policies, guidelines, or processes
- Identify and provide input regarding quality program design, performance trends, innovations, or necessary changes to improve quality or service levels
- Manage allocation of resources for CRV program
- Be active in daily team meetings and present work to senior leadership
- Make employment decisions and sets performance standards
- Represent the department on broader initiatives
- Collaborate on or create approaches and plans to correct problems
- Participate in or provide research of special projects as assigned
- Ensure effective communication and adherence to company and enterprise policies, procedures, and practices.
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Advanced degree in statistics/finance /engineering/economics/other quantitative disciplines
- 10-15 years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Consumer Lending operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Leadership experience – 3-4 years
Desired Qualifications, International:
- Knowledge and understanding of Consumer Lending/Auto Lending practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Operates independently with minimal supervision, and effectively manages work requests to meet performance expectations.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.