About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives related to business analysis and modeling, including those that are cross functional, with broad impact, and act as key participant in data aggregation, monitoring, and reporting of stress testing and portfolio analysis for Risk Analytics
- Review and analyze complex programing models to extract data and manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling specific to businesses supported
- Manage the roll out of pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models for supported businesses and product line
- Make decisions in complex product strategies, data modeling, and risk exposure, requiring solid understanding of business unit projects and regulatory responses, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that influence and lead Analytic and Reporting to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, less experienced to more experienced managers, to resolve production, project, and regulatory issues, and achieve risk analysts, and common modeling goals
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor
Required Qualifications, International:
- 6+ years of experience in Risk Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to research, trend, and analyze data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Data governance & oversight (G&O) expertise or comparable experience
- Attention to details
- The Strategic Risk Analytics team, supporting Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) Chief Risk Office is seeking a highly motivated and talented risk professional to be a part of our Strategic Risk Analytics team as a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant. The business operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and is dedicated to operational excellence, team member development and redefining possibilities. This lead position will be strategic risk analytics function, which directly impacts tactical and strategic business decisions and regulatory compliance. To be effective in this position, you will need good understanding of strategic business objectives, risk management, and transforming data to meaningful insight for senior leadership. You will have the opportunity to apply your analytical, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills to a critical business functions.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and run production of dashboards and utilities and BAU monitoring processes.
- Continual process improvement
- Effectively communicate the risk oversight narrative, results, and methodology to senior management
- Analyzing portfolio trends and external factors to provide basis for management adjustment
- Partnering with other functional areas across Independent Risk Management and key business stakeholders
- Key contributor in our analytics and reporting utilities for the CSBB CRO
- Review the impact of changing macroeconomic conditions and their impact across the Consumer & Small Business Banking business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.