About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer within the Enterprise Cloud, Automation and Integration Services team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead medium complex technology Cloud initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key contributor in automating the provisioning of Cloud Infrastructure using Infrastructure as a Code.
- Make decisions in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering and large-scale technology solutions. Design, Optimization and Documentation of the Engineering aspects of the Cloud platform.
- Understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Review and analyze moderately complex, technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple parameters, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Build and Enable cloud infrastructure, automate the orchestration of the entire Azure/GCP Cloud Platforms for Wells Fargo Enterprise.
- Working in a globally distributed team to provide innovative and robust Cloud centric solutions.
- Closely working with Product Team and Vendors to develop and deploy Cloud services to meet customer expectations.
Required Qualifications, International:
Overall 8+ years of experience, 2+ years working with Azure and/or GCP and a proven track record of building complex infrastructure programmatically with IaC tools .
- Must have 2+ years of hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tool Terraform and GitHub .
- Must have associate cloud certification on Azure or GCP.
- Sound knowledge on the following areas with an expertise on one of them -
- Proficient on container-based solution services , have handled at least 2-3 large scale Kubernetes based Infrastructure build out, provisioning of services in Azure or GCP .
- Proficient and have a thorough understanding of Cloud service offerings on Storage and Database.
- Should have good understanding of networking, firewalls, load balancing concepts (IP, DNS, Guardrails, Vnets) and exposure to cloud security, AD, authentication methods, RBAC.
- Proficient and have a thorough understanding of Cloud service offerings on Data, Analytics, AI/ML.
- Proficient and have a thorough understanding of Cloud service offerings on Security, Data Protection and Security policy implementations.
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing concepts like landing zone, App Service Environment, Blueprints.
- Should have good understanding on Control Plane, Azure Arc and Google Anthos.
Should have exposure to Cloud governance and logging/monitoring tools.
Experience with Agile, CI/CD, DevOps concepts and SRE principles.
Experience in scripting (Shell, Python)
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to articulate technical solutions to both technical and business audiences
Ability to deliver & engage with partners effectively in a multi-cultural environment by demonstrating co-ownership & accountability in a matrix structure.
Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, enterprise environment.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.