- Conducts reviews of bank customers (individuals/entities), related parties (owners, board of directors, executives) and/or transactions that present a moderate degree of complexity and risk to determine appropriateness for Wells Fargo.
- Conducts comprehensive research and/or background investigations on individuals, entities, organizations or locations to identify and mitigate associated sanctions, credit, financial crime, and reputational risks and thoroughly documenting findings.
- Reviews and analyzes due diligence data from a variety of sources to determine overall risk.
- Screens customers, prospects and/or transactions against various regulatory reporting lists and regionally based sanctions watch lists.
- Evaluates risks to determine permissibility under sanctions, regulations and/or BSA/AML regulations. Works with high risk customers (e.g. casinos, MSBs, payment processors) to understand controls and activities. Provides appropriate direction to the line of business. Escalates confirmed sanctions alerts, PEP matches and other risks appropriately.
- Performs non-documentary Customer Identification Program on domestic customers in accordance with regulations and bank policy.
- Ensures compliance with guidelines set forth in federal/state anti-money laundering laws and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act and various sanctions regulations, and in accordance with policy/procedures set by the bank.
- Consults with peers, line of business managers and other external parties regarding due diligence findings. Participates in moderate size project initiatives.
- Operates independently with minimal supervision, and effectively manages work requests to meet performance expectations.
Market Skills and Certifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Crime Compliance – Sanctions Screening (Customer & Transaction), PEP & Negative News Screening
- Knowledge & understanding of BSA & USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC Sanctions Programs
- Experience using screening tools like World Check, Lexis Nexis, Dow Jones & RDC
- Understanding of payments / transactions such as SWIFT, ACH, Wires etc.
- Ability to identify red flags and disposition alerts using a risk based approach
- Eye for detail, prioritization and time management
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Good customer service skills, team work and stakeholder connect
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Graduate, preferably in Finance / Business Administration
- ACAMS or other industry Certifications
- Control testing or transaction monitoring experience
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.