About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in mitigating current and emerging risk exposures associated with the activities and operations of the assigned business group, and identify opportunity for process improvements within the scope of defined business control responsibilities
- Review and analyze basic business challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives
- Develop and implement risk monitoring, risk reporting processes, and controls while evaluating and reporting results where necessary
- Present recommendations for resolving complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing Control Management functional area expertise
- Provide support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs as front line liaison to Independent Risk Management area
- Collaborate and consult with Control Management team and key stakeholders, including internal customers
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management or Financial Services industry, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management demonstrated through work.
- Good understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessments)
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Good oral communication skills and strong written communication
- Attention to detail & critical deadlines
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Support in Identification, assessment and mitigation of risks across all risk types, in coordination with LOB and assurance activities consistent with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management.
- Support LOB RCSA Affirmation process(s) and related feeder/governance meetings.
- Review and approval process for line managers through senior management
- Support the execution and maintenance of RCSA program which includes:
- Identify risks applicable for the RAU
- Ensure data is up to date
- Identify items that are applicable to the RAU in the data provided
- Identify risk drivers
- Ensure process inventory is updated in the RCSA RAU
- Assesses, documents, and communicates emerging risks, themes and identified control deficiencies to management and risk partners in a timely manner.
- Foster strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Ensures coordination with team, line of business, other business units, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.