About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
Wells Fargo India and Philippines (“WFIP”) is an integral part of the Well Fargo Enterprise and provide Operations and Technology support to the WF Enterprise Business. WFIP operates out of 4 sites across 2 countries and currently has c28,000 employee supporting all lines of business covering business operation, technology development and support.
Role and Department Overview
Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
Wells Fargo’s Structed Products Group (“SPG”), a division in CIB, provides direct structured lending in addition to the underwriting and distribution of asset-backed securities for clients who access the bond markets through securitizations. SPG is comprised of about 260 team members with offices in Charlotte, New York, Atlanta, Des Moines, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, and London.
The Business Execution role is part of SPG’s COO team and involves initiatives ranging from data management, credit administration, change management and automation/efficiency projects. The successful candidate will work closely with SPG’s global team members located in Bangalore and United States. The role involves significant opportunities to learn, develop and work as an integral member of the business.
- Verify data integrity for daily Power BI reporting. Problem solve data integrity issues by working with technology partners. Communicate data quality problems to SPG constituents. Ensure high quality daily and monthly data is available to SPG for various downstream uses
- Implement medium and long term projects, e.g., implementation of new initiatives, technology by preparing training and procedure documents, communication emails, liaise with partner groups within the bank, etc.
- Responsible for completion of routine deliverables, e.g., preparing and periodic reports, verifying and attesting to data sent to us, management dashboards, etc.
- Provide ‘on the spot’ answers for random data and information needs using available reports, v-look ups, collating information, etc.
- Track open technology issues and follow up where needed
- Take initiative to reduce manual work by implementing macros, VBA or process streamlining solutions
- Provide oversight to data and document collection activities conducted by junior team members
- Prepare routine and ad hoc decks
- At least a B. Com or an equivalent qualification
- Two to seven years of experience in a business execution role, project management or COO function Experience working in financial services such as at an offshoring firm, consulting firm, a captive of a foreign bank or Indian bank in a relevant capacity.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint. Must be able to write sophisticated formulas and macros.
- PowerBI know-how is desired.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to clearly & concisely speak on complex topics, as well as strong business writing skills
- High level of personal motivation, strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work across continents
- Must be able to work in a fast paced production environment and juggle a variety of tasks (time management skills are important)
- Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- A MBA or an equivalent qualification Experience in Asset Backed Finance will be a big plus
- Experience of working in investment banking Understanding and experience with VBA/coding
We value diversity:
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.