About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Crimes Associate...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in and provide support for low complexity initiatives
- Investigate, negotiate and mitigate potential or known moderate dollar loss or risk claims with customer suspects
- Examine evidence and work with more difficult customers or collect losses from responsible party
- Examine fraud findings to determine extent of fraud risk
- Review issues and policies or procedures for which answers can be quickly obtained related to lower risk tasks and deliverables with narrower impact
- Research and scrutinize complex transactions and referrals to prevent and detect financial crimes activities, policy violations and suspicious situations with low to moderate risk
- Perform analysis to detect patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships across multiple businesses or products
- Receive direction from supervisor and exercise judgment within defined parameters while developing understanding of function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Draft report of findings and trend evaluation and make recommendations to mitigate risk
- Provide information to managers, functional colleagues and stakeholders
- Provide litigation support, under guidance by more experienced colleagues, by providing support documentation, testimony and evaluating cases for potential risk
- Conduct education for financial crimes awareness
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.