About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Corporate Model Risk: Wells Fargo’s Corporate Model Risk is responsible for independently overseeing the management of model risk exposures across the enterprise (including governing, monitoring, and reporting on aggregate model risk exposures, model validations, and model oversight across enterprise). This oversight extends to all phases of a model’s life cycle, including identification, development, validation, implementation, finding resolution, usage, performance monitoring, documentation, and retirement.
About the Role:
CMoR operates in a fast-paced work environment with continuously changing policies and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to be self- motivated, require minimal supervision, and produce work that is consistent with CMoR’s recognized high standards. Effective work will involve familiarity with source systems of record, analytical data and sampling plans, model replications, model performance assessments, and test model development as effective challenges to lines of business. It further requires strength in writing detailed standard analytical reports to ensure Wells Fargo’s compliance with governance policies and regulations. Each validation report will include assessments of the specific business, model purpose and history, the model methodology, data integrity, model development, performance, implementation, and monitoring. These documents are read by a broad audience, including auditors and regulators.
- CMoR serves as the second line of defense to ensure the integrity of Wells Fargo’s model inventory. A Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist is an individual contributor role. This position will focus on validation of the models in support of Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) business. WIM models are used to help constructing investment portfolios for clients; and measuring, monitoring and managing risks for the portfolios of client investments. They may also be used to help with clients’ financial planning, to support WIM operations, and to satisfy relevant regulations.
- A Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist should have a deep academic knowledge, broad based approach to solutioning business problems. He/she should approach the problem agnostic of analytic technique, tool or process. Ability to think outside the box and provide ensemble solutions should set them apart to be a high performing team member
- 5-8 years of experience with minimum Masters/Phd in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Performing model validations and clearly documenting evidence of validation activities
- Develop benchmarking and alternative models in Python/R/Matlab/SAS
- Providing effective challenge to models developed in/for the lines of business, including identifying conceptual weaknesses in a model and understanding tradeoffs with other approaches
- Managing and mitigating model risk to meet or exceed regulatory and industry standards
- Providing leadership and consultation to less experienced validators and business partners
- Communicating model risk findings and limitations to key stakeholders
- Contributing to the improvement of model building and model use practices
- Providing analytical support and offering insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Interacting with senior management and regulators on key modeling issues, including the identification, management, and mitigation of model risk
- Proactively following the industry trend to apply and develop new technology to improve efficiency
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience in financial services industry
- Experience in the development and validation of fiduciary and investment risk models
- Knowledge of financial industry practices and regulatory standards on model development and model validation
- Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Strong communication skills for a variety of audiences (other technical staff, senior management and regulators) both verbally and in writing
- Capability to multi-task and finish work within strict timelines and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Ability to work independently on complex model validations from start to finish
- Skill in managing relationships with key model stakeholders
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, but being comfortable with not knowing the all the answers
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
- Aptitude for synthesizing data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Intellectually curious, who enjoy solving problems
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.