About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Paralegal in the Legal Services – Writs & Levies department as part of Consumer and Small Business Banking Operations. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Provide support to a specialized area within the Legal Department using a high degree of analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Research and resolve issues and matters which may involve substantial legal or factual complexity, through detailed research and examination of documentation and factual investigation
- Provide substantiation and background for specific client inquiries, claims, disputes, cases and proceedings under the direction of an attorney
- Present recommendations and exercise some independent judgement while developing specialty expertise
- Identify issues in area of expertise and work independently on complex assignments without direct supervision
- Prepare agreements, documents and pleadings, and provide research and background information under the direction of an attorney
- Collaborate, consult, and provide information with Legal Department attorneys and staff, outside counsel and collaborate with line of business
- Communicate with government entities as needed
- Review and opine on bankruptcy scenarios
- Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm CST
- Opportunities for Overtime, may become required due to business need
- You will receive on-the-job training, and coaching.
- Training will be for 4-6 weeks. Training hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday CST. You are required to attend the full duration of this paid 4-6 weeks of training.
- We’re open from Monday - Friday, 8:00am-8:00pm (EST). Your regular work schedule will be based on business need which may include overtime, including weekends if required.
- 2+ years of Paralegal experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Degree and/or Certificate in Legal/Paralegal studies
- Experience working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Advanced research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to lead large initiatives and collaborate effectively with project teams
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule
- 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy, WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266
- 7001 Westown Pkwy, WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.