About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Operations Director...
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop multiple specialized teams of less experienced managers and professional individual contributors with focus on delivering highly complex tasks and risk services for cross functional stakeholders, internal partners associated with the function or affected by its outcome
- Work with senior management to develop and execute business plans
- Integrate efforts of cross department initiatives with core business objectives
- Identify opportunities and strategies for process improvement and risk control development within the Operations management functional area
- Provide expertise on managing the most highly complex technical and operational processes with cross-group impact
- Lead Operations management team by making strategic decisions to resolve highly complex issues to meet higher risk deliverables
- Interpret and develop range of policies and procedures relating to Operational management area
- Collaborate with and influence functional team on the operational processes and initiatives
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced staff
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Operations
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
Required Qualifications, US:
- 8+ years of Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of management experience
- Lockbox, payments, transaction processing, or logistics/supply chain leadership
- Experience managing large, geographically dispersed operations teams
- Process improvement experience, such as Lean Six Sigma
- Exposure and experience managing across business with exposure to internal audit and technology partners
- Experience leading large-scale, reengineering programs
- Experience creating and executing transformational strategic plans
- Experience designing, managing and prioritizing tasks and responsibilities
- Experience presenting/preparing executive summaries, whitepapers, and presentations for executive management, senior leaders, board members and regulators
- Proven success recruiting, inspiring, developing, coaching and motivating team members through balanced leadership with a focus on team member engagement, retention and performance management
- Proven success managing multi-site 24X7 processing environments, driving operational efficiencies, and delivering against client expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills
- Travel as needed to manage multiple sites
The Lockbox function within Payments Operations is an essential business function focused on providing a receivables payment solution for some of the company’s largest Commercial Banking and Treasury Management clients. This operation is currently performed in nine locations across the US including: Tukwila WA, El Monte CA, Denver CO, Charlotte, NC, Irving TX, Des Moines IA, Shoreview MN, Philadelphia PA, and Atlanta GA. The business is also supported by staff in two India locations performing invoice keying.
Lockbox is responsible for receiving and processing remittance payments mailed to clients’ designated PO Boxes. Lockbox is a key treasury management product with highly customized processes based on individual customer business rules. Remitted payments are entirely paper based creating a unique challenge in a fast-paced, 24X7 deadline driven processing work environment.
The business provides value added services that improve a customer’s ability to manage receivables data, such as Value Added Keying, Image Capture / Storage and Electronic Delivery of accounts receivables information.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.