About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WIP at our International Careers website.
Commercial Operations within WFIP supports the Commercial Banking (CB) and Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) businesses across number of key operational activities covering the entire client life cycle. The function sits under the Commercial Operations business vertical with in Wells Fargo Indian & Philippines and undertakes variety of operation – Lending operations, Trade Finance operations, Treasury Management and Payment solutions, International payments and Financial Crime Ops. The operations covers all stages of client lifecycle including onboarding, account set up, client servicing and providing active support on daily client transactions. These operations support all of Commercial Banking business and some processes go beyond commercial banking and provide support across the board to other lines of business as well. Trade Finance Operations is part of the international operations within the Commercial Banking operations and supports the WF Trade Finance business and client’s transactions on a real time basis across multiple geographies.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Trade Services Processor (S2) to be part of this newly migrated process in Wells Fargo Commercial Banking. This role is responsible for servicing and supporting trade service products including issuing letters of credit, processing documents, collections, lending, forfaiting, export credit and financing, and factoring.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support for processing new collections, payments, trade acceptances and tracing outstanding items
- Advise and issue letter of credit amendments along with negotiating letter of credit documents
- Receive direction from supervisor and escalate non-routine questions
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Develop the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Experience in Trade Services, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- University Degree in Commerce, Business or related discipline
- 1 - 3 years of trade services experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility in working night shift
- Role is required to observe either a 9AM shift or 12PM shift Monday to Friday and is required to report onsite at the 5 Neo, BGC Taguig. Hire is expected to be flexible with either shift
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.