About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Associate Commercial Loan Servicing Representative. This role is responsible for activities related to servicing of commercial loan transactions according to bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. This can include customer / client modifications, account maintenance, rebookings, and purchased receivables management to ensure accuracy through life of transaction.
In this role, you will:
- Support servicing commercial real estate, construction loans and problem loans
- Identify ways to improve loan processing within established procedures
- Perform routine administrative, transactional, operational, and customer support tasks
- Enter data, process payments and loan coding changes, monitor, research and correct exception reports, audit the system of record, and process cash management transactions
- Receive direction from supervisors, and escalate non-routine client concerns to experienced individuals
- Interact with internal and external customers to respond to the raised concerns as well as determine appropriate course of action
- Serve as an intermediary between parties to resolve disputed matters, negotiates, and enact settlements accordingly
- Six ( 6 ) months experience in Commercial Loan Servicing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor's degree
- Six ( 6 ) months relevant working experience in the field of Accounting, Banking & Finance preferably in Accounts Payable / Invoice Processing
- Six ( 6 ) months experience in the banking industry: Wholesale, Commercial Banking or Corporate Investment Banking or Shared Service organization
- Amenable to work on US shift; Monday - Friday
- Amenable to work during PHL holiday
- Amenable to work onsite
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.