About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WIP at our International Careers website.
Commercial Operations within WFIP supports the Commercial Banking (CB) and Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) businesses across number of key operational activities covering the entire client life cycle. The function sits under the Commercial Operations business vertical within Wells Fargo Indian & Philippines and undertakes variety of operation – Lending operations, Trade Finance operations, Treasury Management and Payment solutions, International payments and Financial Crime Ops. The operations covers all stages of client lifecycle including onboarding, account set up, client servicing and providing active support on daily client transactions. These operations support all Commercial Banking business and some processes go beyond commercial banking and provide support across the board to other lines of business as well. Trade Finance Operations is part of the international operations within the Commercial Banking operations and supports the WF Trade Finance business and client’s transactions on a real time basis across multiple geographies.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Trade Services Processor (S4) to be part of this newly migrated process in Wells Fargo Commercial Banking. This role is responsible for servicing and supporting trade service products including issuing letters of credit, processing documents, collections, lending, forfaiting, export credit and financing, and factoring.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing support services in the delivery of a wide range of Trade Service products
- Perform issuing, advising, and amending of letters of credit, negotiation of letters of credit documents, processing documentary and direct collections in accordance with Trade Services standards
- Guide individuals on complex tasks including amending letters of credit, processing documentary and direct collections in accordance with Trade Services standards
- Assist leaders in training staff on new products or procedures and coordinate workflow in the absence of leadership
- Prioritize work and provide day-to-day leadership to team
- Identify opportunities for additional product sales through client referrals and make recommendations to changes in existing policies and procedures
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgement while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Experience in Trade Services, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- University Degree in Commerce, Business or related discipline
- Flexibility in working Day/Mid shifts
- CDCS preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- 7 - 9 years of Trade Services experience.
- Expertise in Trade Finance LC product life cycle, Reimbursements and Payment instruments.
- Ability to navigate multiple systems, applications, and utilize tools effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Role is required to observe either a 9AM shift or 12PM shift Monday to Friday and is required to report onsite at the 5 Neo, BGC Taguig. Hire is expected to be flexible with either shift
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.