About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Institutional Investment Operations Specialist to support our team on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
This position sits within the Dublin Product & Strategic Delivery Team and plays a critical role in driving forward the necessary changes required across the business focusing on Regulatory Change, Process and Business-related change.
The role will require the successful candidate to be fully versed in the Business Change & System Development Lifecycles with a proven track record or delivering complex projects across the enterprise. It’s of key importance that the individual can support the longer-term strategic objectives of the firm by partnering with colleagues, in addition to the Project Management Office and Technology.
In this role, you will:
- Perform holistic impact assessments to understand the impact of changes across all of Operations. This includes both regulatory and within the platform
- Produce, document and deliver high quality project related artefacts including, Business case’s, Requirements (Business and Design), Test packs, Process and Data Flows, Procedure docs etc.., through to managing the implementation and closing stages of the project
- Capability to analyse large and complex data sets
- Face off against stakeholders at varying levels of seniority and influence accordingly when required to do so
- Identify, analyse and manage risks, issues and interdependencies, escalating as necessary and ensure project tasks are completed according to established timelines
- Ensure that project delivery is carried out according to the defined scope and in line with the teams document control framework.
- Appropriate tracking and monitoring are imposed throughout the implementation and post successful completion
- Collaborate with Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Middle and Front Office teams to deliver optimal solutions
- To work in an agile fashion, both efficiently and effectively in order to execute at speed and with accuracy
- Experience in Institutional Investment Operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Multiyear experience in a change management role as a business analyst
- Extensive financial services product knowledge especially in FX & Interest Rates
- Good knowledge of the end-to-end trade life in addition to the related support functions
- Knowledge of typical front to back business flows
- Broad understanding of requirements and considerations of product enablement in order to scale the business
- Experience of operational processes and transaction reporting regulations (MIFID, SFTR, EMIR…etc.)
- Possess a proven track record of creating efficient and effective processes and controls with a goal to minimize systemic and systematic risks.
- Exceptional communication skills and business writing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Capability to build and leverage relationships with Front Office, Operations and Technology teams
- Ability to use all Microsoft packages to a high degree in addition to Jira and Confluence
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.