About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Secured Lending Underwriter. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for presenting Annual Reviews, New Business Opportunities, Material Change Requests, Rating Changes, Watch List reviews and ad-hoc portfolio updates to APAC PMU leaders and Senior Credit Executives outside of Korea.
- Perform financial analysis, monitor financial covenants/monitoring triggers, and ad hoc credit portfolio assessment and monitoring related activities
- Maintaining a high standard of preparation & presentation of formal credit approval requests (“DRM”) as well as manage & administer the overall deal approval process.
- Ensure key risks are understood and documented, adherence and compliance to policies and appropriate analysis of financial and collateral data as well as qualitative information to support the transaction.
- Ensure transactions are underwritten and structured in accord with risk appetite, including aggregation risks of individual names, country risk exposure and counter party risk exposure.
- Ensure new credit/credit amendment /periodic review transactions are submitted in a timely manner to allow adequate analysis and discussion, ensure appropriate visibility and monitoring of due dates of review.
- Receive direction from Underwriting supervisor and exercise independent judgement while developing understanding of function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Working closely with Relationship Management Team for any material change requests and conduct periodic customer visits/contacts and interactions to gain insights of any internal changes that would impact the credit profiles
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 2+ years of Secured Lending Underwriting experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Commercial/Trade Credit Underwriting experience
- BA/BS in Business/Accounting/Finance/Economics or related field with Financial and/or Managerial Accounting classes
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Korean
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.