About this role:
As a Lead Information Security Engineer in Post Quantum Cryptography R&D, you are responsible for ensuring the continued security posture of Wells Fargo from developing threats, such as quantum computing. You participate in leading research, analysis, design, testing, and implementation of next-generation network security technologies, such as Quantum Random Number Generation and Quantum Key Distribution. This dynamic role provides an opportunity to work in a variety of next-generation security related technologies, including, but not limited to, quantum networking, post quantum cryptography, digital identity, and risk modeling. Ideal candidates would be able to combine a creative spirit for designing new technologies and security architectures with a strong quantitative background to take the idea through the development pipeline, to building and implementing these solutions in a lab environment.
In this role, you will:
- Lead computer security incident response activities for highly complex events
- Conduct technical investigation of security related incidents and post incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies
- Provide security consulting on large projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for highly complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead a team to achieve objectives
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor's degree in Stem field with preference to Physics or Mathematics
- Strong background in linear algebra
- Strong background in optical communication
- Familiarity with post-quantum cryptographic algorithms
- Familiarity with Number Theory
- Prefer Master's or Doctoral/Post-Doctoral degree in Stem field with preference for physics or mathematics
- Preference for a background in Quantum Information Systems, laser/optical engineering, quantum key distribution / advanced communications technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong creative and ideation abilities with a desire to think “out-of-the-box”
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint) skills
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in STEM related-field with a graduation date between December 2021-June 2024
- Ability to learn from, and interact with, a diverse set of team members in a fast paced, fun, and dynamic environment
- A desire to learn and grow your portfolio of various businesses and technologies
- Travel 10% of time
- No visa transfer/sponsorship
Output from these areas result in:
- Thought leadership and strategic direction
- Proof of Technology design and execution
- Intellectual property and technical papers
- Architectural designs
- Engineering patterns
- Presentations and Education
Annual compensation range San Fransico : 133,000- 237,000 USD
Pay Range$111,100.00 - $197,500.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.