About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer to support Payment Operations
In this role, you will:
Perform process reviews identify Design/Execution gap, inadequate controls etc. in a time bound manner along with suitable recommendations. Agree on the action plan with Operation management and track them until closure.
Partner with payment operations team on identification/closure of issues
Perform Independent root cause analysis for all operational risk events and suggest go to green plans
Assist Internal and External Audit teams as a part of their Audit Preview
Assist RCSA program and help identify risk and controls
Participate in Transition meetings and share independent feedback from a Risk perspective
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
Required Qualifications, International:
- University degree in Business, Finance, Commerce, or related discipline.
- 12+ Years of experience in financial services industry with direct experience in Control Management/Risk and Control.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work in a global and multi-cultural environment.
- MBA from a reputed institute/Chartered Accountant/ CIA/FRM
- Sound understanding or experience of writing BRD (Business Requirement Document)
- Good Understanding of SDLC
- Ability to take direction from multiple individuals
- Good prioritizing, Planning and Organizing skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.