About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Technology Business Services Consultant to serve as the chief of staff supporting the head of Identity and Access Management (IAM) and and the IAM Leadership Team. Identity and Access Management is one of the top priority areas in technology with wide influence and impact across Technology and across the Business. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
This position is responsible for providing a broad spectrum of duties supporting the head of IAM and the IAM leadership team to optimize the operating model and meet long term goals in alignment with benchmarks, maturity studies, and the overall transformation initiative. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: directing and developing new Cybersecurity IAM executive management routines; leading reorganizations in alignment with HR, Regulatory Relations, Controls, and Finance processes; developing and improving processes throughout and across the Cybersecurity organization; continually looking for ways to improve communication and streamline activities; and executing on deliverables that cross IAM or extend beyond. This role will have significant influence and personal accountability for ensuring deliverables are executed timely and effectively within IAM, will operate with minimal guidance and supervision, and will need to be able to take high-level strategic objectives and translate them into actionable steps to deliver the desired outcome on their own. This role will need to influence senior level stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with key stakeholders as a trusted advisor to the organization in order to develop organizational plans/operating models/efficiency targets and plans, gaining agreement across the leadership team, and communicating outcomes to various stakeholders,
- Leverage industry frameworks and benchmarks to analyze, design and execute operating model.
- Support development of multiyear plans and business cases in alignment with the overall strategy and product framework.
- Support IAM executive routines by looking for ways to streamline activities and improve meeting effectiveness.
- Escalate material matters to management with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Lead and support special ad hoc projects at the request of the head of IAM.
- Work as an advisor to more experienced leadership to influence technology matters to develop programs that are effective and efficient for highly complex business and technical needs across one or more lines of business
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in depth evaluation across multiple lines of business or the enterprise
- Deliver solutions that are long term, large scale, and which require understanding of organizational goals or priorities and technology to develop executable strategies and plans
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to more experienced leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions related to technology matters that are large scale, cross functional, or companywide
- Engage with the technology team and more experienced leaders to provide support and drive strategic initiatives for the business and for execution of operational processes
- 7+ years of Information Technology in support of Business Services experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience and understanding of technology and cybersecurity, especially IAM
- Ability to analyze data in detail (e.g. Excel) and drive data driven decision making
- Experience in risk and control environments
- Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to influence and articulate IAM’s vision and strategy
- Strives for excellence
- Experience navigating through ambiguity
- Strong time management skills including the ability to handle multiple deliverables concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including those related to conflict resolution
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels
- Experience with MS Office tools suite especially Powerpoint and Excel (Vlookups and pivot tables)
- 10% Travel
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.