Wells Fargo India solutions enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) is one of the nation’s leading providers of financial and investment services in the United States offering a full range of products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. It consists of six different lines of business, one of which is Wells Fargo Advisors group. Within WFA, this requirement is with Brokerage Operations.
About this Role
Wells Fargo Brokerage Ops is seeking for a candidate to perform various back office & middle office functions, which involves Trade processing, Settlements, Asset Servicing, Reconciliation, Income processing etc. This candidate will be primarily responsible for executing the production work with minimal supervision.
In this role, you will;
- Perform various operational tasks on complex securities that require general knowledge of unit functions and systems
- Support securities operations
- Identify ways to improve the overall process
- Perform moderately complex duties such as processing, researching inquires and reconciling transactions
- Review time sensitive documents
- Receive direction from supervisor and coordinate situations involving other departments
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Is responsible for performing a variety of operational tasks for highly complex securities or cash related transactions or processes that require basic knowledge of unit functions and systems. Duties may include:
- Assign all Trade /Reconciliation differences accurately and on a timely basis
- To be able to process all type of trade proceeds independently
- To be able to process all Income related allocations like dividend, Interest, principal etc.
- To be able to perform basic tasks like trade matching, Settlement, Income processing etc.
- To be able to follow-up assertively with various external parties
- Interaction with market participants like custodian, clearing house, brokers, Investment Managers to gather process/product related information
- 1.5-3 years of securities/Custody/Investment banking experience
- Basic understanding of US Securities market
- Understanding of Trade life cycle
- Understands the basics of capital markets and various products like what is a mutual fund, bonds, what is a stock/equity, etc.
- Attention to detail and comprehension skills
- Commerce Graduate with CA/CFA/ICW/M.com /MBA preferably in Finance vertical
- Candidate should have basic accounting Knowledge
- Good problem solving and analytical skills and numerical skills
- Typing Skills / Good Communication (Read / Write / Speak)
- Desirable to have experience of interacting with US customers.
- Working Hours: 6:30pm to 3:30am
- Work location: Bangalore-India
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.