About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant that excels at telling stories with data, presenting information in visually compelling ways that appeal to executive audiences, and who is well versed in the development and delivery of reporting solutions. This consultant will gather data, design metrics in a matrixed collaborative environment, create visual elements with business intelligences software and write engaging text summarizing key finding. He or she will work closely with their team, and other team members to conceive and execute story ideas and also will work independently to create content that resonates with target audiences.
CSBB Data, Analytics & Reporting team is responsible for independent monitoring to ensure Community Banking and Consumer Lending business process and activity owners implement effective and sustainable controls to manage risk and adhere to Company policies and regulatory expectations.
As part of the Monitoring Execution team, the Reporting, Automation and Dashboards team is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing enhancement reports and dashboards that enable and inform front line risk owners and First Line of Defense partners to understand their risk management effectiveness across a number of active risk programs and measurement platforms. We are searching for a talented, senior level, analytic consultant to develop, enhance, and implement reporting leveraging Tableau and related BI software.
In this role, you will:
- Advise line of business and companywide functions on business strategies based on research of performance metrics, trends in population distributions, and other complex data analysis to maximize profits and asset growth, and minimize operating losses within risk and other operating standards
- Provide influence and leadership in the identification of new tools and methods to analyze data
- Ensure adherence to compliance and legal regulations and policies on all projects managed
- Provide updates on project logs, monthly budget forecasts, monthly newsletters, and operations reviews
- Assist managers in building quarterly and annual plans and forecast future market research needs for business partners supported
- Strategically collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level to senior managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor to staff, interns and external contractors
- 5+ years of Experience in Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5+ years of expert level Tableau abilities and a proven history of maximizing Tableau's capabilities in visualizations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with SAS to effectively obtain and merge data, perform analytics, and automate reporting from various sources is a plus
- Experience publishing to the Tableau Server and using Tableau Server functions within dashboards
- Ability to communicate complex statistical concepts to non-experts using data visualizations
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Community Bank products, sales processes, data and systems (for internal applicants)
- Successful candidates will have a good understanding of risk management programs in a large, distributed, diverse organization and will leverage this knowledge to facilitate the design, development and implementation of reporting capabilities within Consumer Banking Risk. Complex data warehouse analysis experience, critical thinking, credibility, and relationship management will be determining factors in selection
- Good to have: Experience with SAS, Python.
- Experience working with Hadoop data sources
- Experience using Power BI, SAS VIYA or similar BI software
- Design and implementation of Tableau dashboard visualizations and define required supporting data architecture (e.g. data marts, centralized data sources, ad hoc data sources) for internal clients
- Be able to tell a story with data that will allow our partners to visualize risk appropriately
- Manipulate and process large datasets using the analytical and reporting features of multiple tools
- Define requirements for and test data sources for reporting, and design metrics that measure control effectiveness, various risks, and KPIs
- Mentor team members to broaden the team’s use of complex analytical and data visualization techniques
- Participate in cross-functional project teams and provide guidance and training to teams in asking appropriate questions, interpreting data, and translating into action.
Posting End Date:
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.