About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Independent Testing Officer within the Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) group as part of Corporate Risk. The Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Independent Testing and Validation is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology, standards, and executing group- specific testing.
In this role, you will:
The Remediation Validation (RV) team within IT&V is responsible for performing validation testing of customer remediation activity executed by the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence (CR COE). The Remediation Validation Independent Testing Officer is responsible for performing validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to address issues or remediation activities to address customer impacts. The Independent Testing Officer will be responsible for completing timely and high-quality validation activities, as well as, for identifying issues, validation concerns, and observations, recommending corrective actions, presenting results of validation reviews, interfacing with business partners, and writing reports. Additionally, in this role, you will:
- Leads multiple engagements with assigned testing resources in a matrixed environment as an individual contributor; validates highly complex remediation
- Possesses strong risk acumen and functional knowledge of procedures, risks, controls, compliance, testing, assessment of findings, escalation, and reporting, while developing business acumen
- Strong knowledge of risk profile of engagement review’s subject matter (i.e., LOB, Enterprise Function, risk program, etc.)
- Leads planning and scoping activities and assessment of adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and control environment and ensures market/ business/ regulatory changes are incorporated
- Responsible for determining engagement’s scope and approach for engagement management approval
- Leads engagement execution activities and performs quality reviews, assesses findings, and escalates to engagement management
- Leads report preparation, review, and distribution activities ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with procedures
- Leads collaborative team activities support of engagement’s overall review activities
- Manages stakeholders’ relationships exercising effective communication behaviors
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Prior public accounting firm with experience in business process, regulatory, or IT audit and/or business process, regulatory, or IT SOX advisory/consulting service
- Expert experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Charlotte, NC
- Irving, TX
- West Des Moines, IA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Tempe, AZ
- St Louis, MO
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.