In this role, you will:
- Connects with customers to understand and document business processes workflow.
- Develop understanding of business processes and recommend efficiency based on technical and architectural knowledge
- Provide both technical consulting to business leaders at an appropriate level of information encapsulation
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Develop reports using Power BI, SQL, Tableau, Python, Excel or various other tools
- Having SSRS knowledge will be added advantage
- Verify accuracy of reports, reconciling data and producing data/information within established timelines
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations
- Work with technology partners to managing tables, views and other database structures to adapt to changing business needs and in compliance with embedded IT policies.
- Answer ad hoc questions from customers including confirming data, populating templates provided to the group or creating new reports/extracts as requested by customers
- Collaborate with team members to operate at higher level of dimensionality to innovate and bring in game changing ideas to fruition
- Partner with business stakeholders in the development of key business reporting (e.g. Portfolio level dashboard, Productivity, regulatory reporting etc.) and optimal delivery channels for the distribution of the reporting solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as computer sciences, engineering, applied math, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics with a quantitative emphasis.
- 3-6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Data quality, reporting, analytics.
- 3-6+ years prior experience in an internal/external consultative role and/or investment banking/corporate banking support experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years prior experience in handling small or medium complexity projects individually, complex or large-scale project participation, experience with matrix managed teams is a plus
- Candidates should have a solid mastery of Advanced SQL, Advanced Excel, Power BI, knowledge in performing ETL tasks using SQL / Python, Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- The successful candidate will have a very strong interest in developing both business and technical skills while navigating a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Ability to interact and build relationships with senior leaders, peers and key support partners.
- Ability to work creatively, analytically and independently in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with both business unit (non-technical) and development (technical) personnel.
- Experience documenting processes and reporting workflows
- Strong Individual contributor with excellent communication skills for a variety of audiences (other technical staff and senior management) both verbally and in writing
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Must make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to articulate issues, risks and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Capability to multi-task and finish work within strict timelines and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Skill in managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, but being comfortable with not knowing all the answers
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
Job Work Timings Expectations:
- Shift: 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.