About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management, Control Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Essential Qualifications - 7+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- Graduate degree or higher in business or a related field
- Strong analytical & reporting skills and ability to build database Access, dashboards, Reports, Metrics for stakeholder. Automate Reporting activities
Strong Operational Risk Domain Experience
- Demonstrates a keen eye for detail and provides constructive feedback
Analyzes & interprets various data to remediate risk as per policy document
- Must have superior verbal communication skills including the proven ability to negotiate solutions in challenging situations
- Must have strong time management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Knowledge and a broad background in Wholesale Banking
Proficiency in Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
Certifications in Risk Management Certification (one or multiple)- , COBIT, COSO, ITIL, Controls Testing, Information Security Testing
- VBA Macros, Power Pivot, Power Query, Excel Automations – Advance excel Formulas
- Will be supporting Control analytics and reporting, administering end-to-end issue management, control governance and support, and implementing control programs including Internal Control Policy (ICP), Risk Identification and Assessment (ERIA) and Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA The Senior Specialist will provide support in leading the team to complete deliverables and will be assigned additional tasks and ad-hoc requests to support various components of Cross-Business Initiatives projects. Will interact closely with multiples business partners including the Stateside TMs and other I&P partners to identify and document controls for Wholesale processes.
Partner, support and liaise closely with the all stake holders to implement all key operational risk components/ programs as applicable to support the assigned
Perform Data Quality review and analysis of risk assessment inputs and outputs
Ensures effective implementation of change management process for any changes in the standard operating environment.
Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change.
Communicate changes in the specific engagement to the relationship manager, senior business managers, executive sponsor, or other stakeholders as appropriate
Identifies training opportunities; may design/coordinate the development of training materials and delivers training.
Reports findings and drafts recommendations to mitigate risk to operational risk and business line management.
Perform RCSA and Control Evaluations
Strong understanding of Risk and Compliance and regulatory obligations
Effectively partnering with LOB Engagement, Relationship, and Compliance Managers to assess risks within their respective Processes engagements
Providing guidance and credible challenge for assigned regulatory compliance risk management activities
Involvement in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools and dashboards that enable analysis and data visualization
Accountable for execution of Control programs (RCSA, ICP, Compliance ), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions
Designing and developing various Governance, Operational reports in partnership with Stakeholders
Ability to handle huge data and has strategic mindset, ability to interpret and draw conclusion from complex data
Market Skills and Certifications
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.