About Wells Fargo India & Philippines:
Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WFIP) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and Philippines in Manila. Learn more about WFIP at our International Careers website.
Product, Analytics & Modeling (PAM) team is a community of data analytics professionals and brings a competency-based approach to the international talent pool focusing on analytical requirements. PAM encompasses roles that deliver insights and analysis based on skills, experience and judgment. Team Members exercise this judgment under general direction versus rule-driven processing. Processes and services performed in this area tend to be based on skills, domain knowledge and intellectual capability. This position is part of Customer Excellence Data and Analytics (CEDA) under PAM that supports designing analytical and data driven solution to improve customer journey and experience.
About the role:
This open position is part of CEDA Advanced Analytics Team under Enterprise Customer Excellence Data and Analytics. As Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for recognizing opportunities to improve the customer experience using advanced analytics techniques and data solution engineering. More specifically, you will support data exploration, developing analytical solution using advanced AI/ML techniques, data solution engineering for process optimization to improve customer experience using different data sources targeting to minimize compliance and operational risk across multiple lines of business across the bank.
The selected candidate is expected to design analytical solution and generate meaningful business insight and communicate highly complex concepts to business stakeholders in layman term. Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Work as technical expert in delivering high quality advanced analytical solution and business insights
- Research, design and develop end-to-end advanced analytical solution using predictive analytics, NLP, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence
- Streamline ETL/data flow structure feeding to different models/analytical solutions using automation and data science solutions engineering
- Clearly understand and articulate business requirements by leveraging domain understanding of line of business & product/ function and deliver the results underlining the business problem and appropriate business decision levers
- Identify & leverage appropriate analytical approach from a wide toolkit to make data driven recommendation
- Min. 4 + years of hands work experience in advanced analytics and data engineering
- Engineering Graduate/ Post-graduate in Quant fields like Maths./Stats/Economics/Computer Science
- Strong expertise in python/pyspark, tableau, SAS/SQL
- Must have exposure into Data Lakes/Azure/Big data platforms
- Hands on experience in handling end-to-end analytical projects starting from problem structuring, solution design, deep-dive, research and final outcome delivery
- Sound knowledge in project documentation framework
- Must have consultative skills to have the ability to rationalize business need and solution design from business requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to perform analysis, build hypothesis, draw conclusions and communicate clear, actionable recommendation to business leaders & partners.
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
Posting End Date:28 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.