About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant as part of Finance team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Provide consultation to more experienced leadership for financial accounting related matters
- Perform complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, developing financial statements and regulatory reports
- Gather and review financial data for financial and regulatory reports
- Review data from the general ledger, unit reports and various financial systems to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and certifications
- Analyze projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with internal controls policies
- Provide functional advice and training to individuals
- Provide support for compliance and risk management requirements
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- 2+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Minimum 5 years' experience of accounting, regulatory reporting are must.
- Financial Services background / Audit firm are preferable.
- CPA or Certified Tax Accountant can be advantageous.
- Understanding and ability to adhere to financial regulations and compliance standards, including JGAAP /USGAAP
- Advanced Excel skills are often necessary.
- Japanese: Native level , English: Business level.
- The eagerness to learn proactively is a plus.
Posting End Date:24 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.