About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Operations streamlines business performance by integrating and transforming delivery on a global scale to consistently provide superior customer experiences and increase shareholder value.
Operations drives efficiency and risk mitigation through process simplification, functional consolidation, automation, and effective controls.
Operations Utilities is responsible for managing company-wide utility functions to drive scale, operational efficiency, and consistency while designing and executing improvements to automate processes and support the implementations of internal controls.
Operation Utility - Quality Assurance
The objective of the QA team is intended to provide reasonable assurance that the business processes and risk-mitigating controls are operating as designed and expected, and those risks are sufficiently mitigated. Furthermore, these activities should enable proactive self-identification of issues and events, root cause analysis, reporting, and resolution of process and control deficiencies and adverse customer impacts.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team, by design, serves as a post transaction quality assurance function, aligning to the definition of a Quality Assurance per the Quality Assurance Policy.
Quality assurance activities, including the evaluation of transactions, files, or other items to verify consistent application of regulatory and internal policy requirements and to assess the quality of controls. These reviews may be performed manually or through automated means.
In this role, you will:
- Perform QA on ACH (Automated Clearing House) and Payment Operations
- Executing self-assurance activities and supplementing existing practices through the execution of business monitoring, surveillance, and/or Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities
- Ensuring business process controls are working effectively in order to promote and enable proactive identification, root cause analysis, reporting, escalation, and corrective action of process and control deficiencies and adverse customer impacts
- Implementing the Ops Utilities Self-Assurance Activities methodology through the following requirements:
Creating and maintaining QA test scripts and procedure documentation Recording and maintaining a centralized inventory of QA activities Facilitate an efficient and valued review process Ability to thoroughly document and succinctly write final reports of the applicable QA Activities Executing reporting, escalation, root cause analysis, and resolution of identified issues. Collaborate with and report findings and recommendations to management concerning Quality Assurance issues Informing risk measures, where appropriate Working with the business groups with the newly identified controls within the Risk and Control Self-Assessment tool to map controls to the future state of QA testing
- Partnering with stakeholders across, including all levels of management
- Work with the business groups when conducting QAA”s while balancing risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Serving as subject matter expert in Financial Crimes Ops Utilities QAA applicable processes
- Provide maintenance and implementation support for Quality assurance program for Financial Crimes Group. Participates in special projects as assigned that could involve very large volumes, high profile clients, and accelerated service level agreements to complete the request quickly
- Support management in the day-to-day supervision of less experienced team providing guidance, and resolution to issues contributing to overall effectiveness of team
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within QA group
- Perform or guide others on complex escalated issues that require planning, evaluation, and interpretation
- Prioritize work and provide daily work leadership and mentorship to team
- Provide training and technical guidance to less experienced staff
- Lead or contribute to implementation of new or revised processes and procedures that require coordination among operation teams
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development
- Support production environment as per business requirement and set objectives
- 7+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: Financial Crimes area, business support, Operational Risk Management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services demonstrated through work or military experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics.
- Sound knowledge on ACH (Automated Clearing House) and Payment Operations
- Experience in creating, executing, and documenting QA/Compliance/Audit/post transactional testing
- Strong QA/QC/testing/Audit background
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience in executing Quality Assurance Activities and supplementing existing practices through the execution of business monitoring, surveillance, and/or Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and internal controls; analyzing business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues
- Exposure and proven track records in reporting and MIS
Posting End Date:28 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.