About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage, coach, and develop a team or teams of experienced engineers and engineering managers in roles with moderate complexity and risk, responsible for building high quality capabilities with modern technology.
- Ensure adherence to the Banking Platform Architecture and meeting non-functional requirements with each release.
- Partner with, engage and influence architects and experienced engineers to incorporate Wells Fargo Technology technical strategies, while understanding next generation domain architecture and enable application migration paths to target architecture, for example, cloud readiness, application modernization, data strategy.
- Function as the technical representative for the product during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning
- Identify and recommend opportunities for driving escalated resolution of technology roadblocks including code, build and deployment while also managing overall software development cycle and security standards.
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions to act as an escalation partner for scrum masters and the teams to meet moderate to high-risk deliverables and help remove impediments, obstacles, and friction while encouraging constant learning, experimentation, and continual improvement.
- Build engineering skills side-by-side in the codebase, conduct peer reviews to evaluate quality and solution alignment to technical direction, and guide design, as needed.
- Interpret, develop, and ensure security, stability, and scalability within functions of technology with moderate complexity, as well as identify, manage and mitigate technology and enterprise risk.
- Collaborate with, partner with and influence Product Managers/Product Owners to drive user satisfaction, influence technology requirements and priorities in the product roadmap, promote innovative and intelligent solutions, generate corporate value and articulate technical strategy while being a solid advocate of agile and DevOps practices.
- Interact directly with third party vendors and technology service providers.
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives in technology engineering.
- Hire, build and guide a culture of talent development to have the skills required to effectively design and deliver innovative solutions for product areas and products to meet business objectives and strategy, as well as conduct performance management for engineers and managers.
- Deliver day-to-day application engineering, development and support for multiple Onboarding and Funding applications.
- Sound knowledge in IT Service Management, ITIL, Release Management & Service transformations.
- Design, develop and implement the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices for the portfolio of applications including but not limited to toil measurement and toil elimination through automation, observability, alert reduction etc.
- Keep abreast with emerging Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) trends and providing recommendations for tools / technology / process improvements.
- Experience on Data tools like abinitio, Teradata.
- Shift left from current support-oriented teams to Engineering team with upskilling teams to development and automation strategies.
- Implement Devops model for efficient production stability and speed.
- Able to guide team towards daily administration and support of applications technically.
- Responsible for understanding the application and work towards creation of SLA and BCP plans.
- Help to deliver timely, accurate and actionable business information.
- Streamlining support by identifying areas for improvement within both the team and business.
- Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for process improvements
- Good understanding of Service Level Agreement, awareness of the production environment/application being supported
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management - Incident/Problem Management, Change/Release Management.
- Champion continuous improvement work across Technology & Infrastructure teams to drive stability, Client delight and operational excellence.
- Actively participate in the evolution & adoption of the data transformation strategy by implementing solutions that are aligned with the enterprise data blueprint
- Ability to effectively work in a hybrid environment where legacy ETL and Data Warehouse applications & Big-Data applications co-exist
- Implement data driven solutions that can scale & meet the technology resiliency, information security, regulatory & business demands
- Interact effectively & manage partnership with stakeholders to deliver successful business results based on tech. requirements.
- Participates in process mapping, data modeling, and the development of business policies and practices
- Stays abreast of developments within the Data Governance space and contributes to strategy by considering its application to the business
- Manage relationship with key business leaders and subject matter experts to drive efforts to measurable successful conclusion
- Determines requirements for and prioritizes development of data management initiatives
- Actively solicit stakeholder feedback on solutions and drive improvements as needed
- Develop and strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems and oversee implementation
- Managing overall performance of the team & ensure to build/sustain high performance work culture
- Effectively communicate to broad & diverse audience at all levels in the organization.
- The new team member will focus on closely working with application teams in understanding their requirements, review application design, and provide best practices/ services as well as automated Data management frameworks.
- Consistently seek opportunities increase overall efficiency of the operation by automation & innovation.
- Team management, performance management and work prioritization. Ensure operation hygiene of the team.
- Recruit, mentor and develop talent by setting appropriate goals and expectations for the team.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 3+ years of Management experience
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Management experience
Posting End Date:26 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.