About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Business Accountability Associate Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Supervise a team in underwriting tasks and processes to ensure timely completion, quality, and compliance for the business
- Ensure successful planning, integration, impasse resolution, and measurement of operations that are routine and arise within the operations of the work group
- Mitigate risk development within the operations of work groups and functional areas
- Make day to day supervisory decisions and, under the direction of management, resolve issues for procedure administration and adherence, systems or change initiatives, business continuity planning, reporting and research, project funding, quality management, communications, financial control, and internal processing of colleagues
- Leverage interpretation of policies, procedures, or compliance requirements for the business group
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Demonstrated strong people management skills required with ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management in an energetic and diverse environment
- Demonstrated track record in identifying inefficiencies and leading efforts to resolve and/or improve overall business processes
- Deep knowledge and understanding of mortgage and/or home equity processes
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end Home Lending Operations: origination, processing, underwriting, closing and funding
- Demonstrated knowledge/background in underwriting including credit scoring, credit systems, credit bureaus, and judgmental decisioning processes
- Experience in Business Execution, Implementation, Strategic Planning, or equivalent
- 6+ years of overall experience with at least 3+ years of previous experience within US residential mortgage underwriting environment, managing varied workflows.
- 2+ years of team leadership or management experience
- Graduate in commerce/finance/management stream
- NMLS Safe Act Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management and stateside partnership skills
The candidate must be willing to work within US hours typically between 6:30 PM to 3:30 AM Indian Standard Time for initial 6 months (and as business requires) and 1:30 PM to 10:30 PM Indian Standard Time after 6 months.
Posting End Date:
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.