Wells Fargo is looking for a highly motivated and collaborative person who can work with all levels of the organization, senior business and technology leaders, and product, operations, and finance managers.
About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The team you are joining is delivering analytical insights in support of Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Payments Strategy. This is an opportunity to drive the future of Wells Fargo.
Wells Fargo is seeking a resource to drive data and analytics initiatives in the Payments Analytics and Insights Team. This individual will be focus primarily on deposit products and pricing within the Wholesale Payments business. The team is responsible for supporting Product Managers and Executives plus relevant stakeholders from across the enterprise. The team will collaborate with stakeholders to develop meaningful analyses which drive actionable insights. The team will also need to influence data architecture and may support payments strategy and product development initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Engage with stakeholders on use case discovery to identify relevant data sources, systems and transformations required to successfully meet objectives.
- Research appropriate data sources and develop processes to source, conform, and curate.
- Collaborate on the development of project specifications with internal teammates (analyst, visualizer, lead) and jointly present solutions to stakeholders and users to gain alignment in advance of execution.
- Participate in utilizing data visualization best practices to tell stories that drive both engagement and action; influence partners to integrate data into decision-making, increase data literacy, and build acceptance of tools, programs, and services.
- Develop queries and other programmatic logic to effectively source, aggregate and combine data in line with product / project initiatives.
- Create, deliver, and maintain large, scalable, and sustainable self-service reporting and dashboard products.
- Proactively manage risk including measures to minimize inaccuracy and clarify the meaning of data which is delivered.
- Document development processes, key decisions made and any risks or open items.
- Support transition of code to production environments.
- Highly collaborative and inclusive approach with proven track record of delivering acknowledged value
- 2+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- Must-have skills: Teradata/any other RDBMS, experience in creating DQs/Controls and with trend/variance analysis.
- A storyteller with the demonstrated ability to create compelling narratives from data.
- Banking domain knowledge, particularly of wholesale deposit products and experience with wholesale payments and deposits pricing frameworks.
- Experience with master reference data such as Customer hierarchies, legal entities, and product taxonomies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Data technologies (Data lake, cloud-based infrastructure), architectures that support real-time analytics; and flexible data models to support querying of unstructured data.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Good-to-have skills: GCP, BigQuery, Azure Synapse Analytics, Python, Hadoop, Data Lakes, Big Data Accelerator technologies (Dremio, DataBricks, Snowflake) to optimize big data visualization.
Posting End Date:4 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.