About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Risk Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives, and delivering insight and decision strategies within analytics and
reporting, and contribute to large-scale planning related to Risk Analytics
- Review and analyze moderately complex data aggregation, forecasting, reporting, and programming models
- Be responsible for process production, data reconciliation, and model documentation in alignment with policy governance
- Resolve data, production, business modeling, and lead team to meet Risk Analytics deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of risk reporting policies, modeling strategies, procedures, regulatory requests, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, experienced managers, compliance, and technology to resolve modeling, forecasting and production issues, and achieve analytic and reporting goals
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor less experienced staff
- Partner with cross enterprise risk analysts in development of common modeling strategies
- Be responsible for the implementation, development, and support of solutions that meet business requirements.
- Work directly with clients to define the functional requirements associated with implementation, upgrade, and/or consulting engagement.
- Involved in defining test scenarios and validating test results to ensure risk strategies are functioning as intended.
- Leverage analytical tools such as SAS and SQL to solve business problems; and create automated routines to proactively detect data drifts and support oversight function.
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and identify opportunity for risk mitigation strategies within Servicing Risk.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with Audit, Legal and Compliance on risk related topics.
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Credit Enablement
- 4+ years of Risk Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in Risk Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or business-related field (ex. Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Business Administration.). Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with implementing strategies through use of decision engine (STRATA) and/or other decision engine tools.
- Create technical and functional documentation in cooperation with Business Leads to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements.
- Experience performing Unit Testing, defining test scenarios, and validating test results.
- Demonstrated track record of extracting, analyzing and synthesizing data into well-articulated business requirements that can be clearly communicated to a variety of stakeholder.
- Strong collaboration skills - Demonstrated ability to successfully manage strategic issues with business partners.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships.
Posting End Date:
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.