About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Specialist
In this role, you will:
- Participate in mitigating current and emerging risk exposures associated with the activities and operations of the assigned business group, and identify opportunity for process improvements within the scope of defined business control responsibilities
- Review and analyze basic business challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives
- Develop and implement risk monitoring, risk reporting processes, and controls while evaluating and reporting results where necessary
- Present recommendations for resolving complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing Control Management functional area expertise
- Provide support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs as front line liaison to Independent Risk Management area
- Collaborate and consult with Control Management team and key stakeholders, including internal customers.
- 5+ years of experience in Risk Management or Financial Services industry, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5+ years of financial services or commercial banking or risk, control, advisory experience
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation in a matrix managed environment.
- Advanced knowledge of issue management policy
- Knowledge and understanding of reporting and issue management.
- Knowledge and understanding of metrics-based analysis: reporting and trend analysis.
- Experience interpreting and applying state, federal, and agency legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Good working knowledge of Commercial Banking, its products and services, and relevant risks and controls of the business will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal); ability to concisely articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly professional, adaptable and pro-active mindset
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions where they manifest risk.
- Ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and deliver quality analysis and highly actionable management information.
- Demonstrated capacity to pro-actively and independently analyze and solve problems and address risks with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Act as the point of contact for team members withing controls management and partners in business, IRM, Wells Fargo Audit, regulators, and other constituents, as needed; ensure that all inquiries are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on risk and control issues across all risk types.
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA): Guide the CB business leader(s) through detailed risk and control evaluations.
- Issue / Incident Management and Loss Capture: Assess operational risk incidents using methods such as root cause analysis. Consult with business to develop corrective action plans.
- Oversee implementation progress and conduct validation efforts as required. Coordinate with business and support partners for creation of Self-Disclosed issues in Issues Management system of record. Record losses in the system of record, as applicable.
- Management Reporting: Establish and update regular risk reports for communication of risk ratings, issues and key topics.
- Exams / Reviews: Coordinate with internal testing engagements such as Enterprise T&V, Internal audit, and Regulatory exams.
- Follow and adhere to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Posting End Date:28 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.