About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
- 5+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Highly organized and initiative-taking with demonstrated ability to assess, exercise independent judgment, apply prudent risk management principles, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and proactively escalate when necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk applications i.e. Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) and Service Now (SNOW)
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and internal control policy.
- Experience with RCSA, risk/control identification and assessment, and enterprise risk frameworks
- Strong domain knowledge of Investment banking operations is desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Ability to synthesize data and/or observations from a variety of, often disparate and unconnected, sources, deliver succinct summaries (both verbal and written), and enact responses quickly.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to adapt to changing business needs.
- Hands on style; proven ability to structure tasks or projects, execute and achieve targeted results and develop and manage associated goals and plans.
- Intellectual curiosity with proven ability to learn quickly through others as well as to conduct their own research and analysis.
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent risk mitigation principles.
- Successful candidates should be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a good planning and execution individual with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills.
- A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment.
- The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- Act as a point of contact for WIM Ops as it pertains to RCSA execution and Issue management.
- Program execution experience, must have conducted the workshops.
- Support of the inventory of business processes, internal testing, audit, regulatory engagements outputs and the integration with RCSA, as applicable
- Collaborate with WIM Ops managers on control design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Review controls for deficiencies and associated remediation (e.g., procedures gaps, rewriting control design and performance rationales to meet standards, rewriting MCR rationales to standards, Control Documentation, control evaluation, control implementation and monitoring.
- Collaborate with WIM Ops to identify, open, monitor, close and validate all Issues, according to policy.
Posting End Date:26 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.