UX Design Senior ManagerJob ID 5596831
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The Senior Design Manager leads, guides, and grows a team responsible for a set of products in a program of work, and, in partnership with Product Management and Engineering Peers, oversees multiple value streams to deliver a great customer experience.
Success comes from understanding the customer and business needs, strong collaboration with your peers, driving proven product development practices, providing guidance and coaching for the team, and ensuring high quality, leading to shipping delightful and empowering product experiences.
Who we are looking for:
• You have experience leading a team with proven success in delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond.
• You have experience as a multifaceted practitioner with proven success delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond. You have expertise in 1 and strengths in 2 or more key areas: Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and User Research.
• You apply user-centered practices and other problem-solving skills not just to delivering quality experiences, but to informing the strategy driving the product decisions.
• You freely move between big-picture thinking and detail orientation without getting lost.
• You articulate robust design rationales to peers, executives, and stakeholders.
• You have connected with groups outside your department to get traction on larger problems.
• You have moved beyond hands-on design work to focusing on getting the most out of design teams, through strong coaching of the teams themselves, and productive peer relationships across product development.
• You coordinate effort within your team and across product development, tying them together in service of the product experience.
• Leading the design of sites or applications, in partnership with your cross-functional peers and the larger design team, in the one of the following areas: online and mobile banking, payments, financial education, and onboarding
• Develop and articulate the user-centered methods and approaches for framing and solving design problems.
• Uphold quality of the output by working with designers and product owners to review and critique the details of the design deliverables and user stories, posing questions and resolving ambiguities.
• Overseeing the creation of common design deliverables including: Research Insights, Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, Prototypes and Content Decks.
• Participate in the creation of strategic design deliverables, including: research insights, strategy decks, customer journeys, visions of future experiences.
• Providing mentorship and other guidance to help designers deliver their best work.
• Partnering closely with leadership across product development to drive alignment on customer and business goals, developing a program of work to achieve those goals, focusing efforts of the team on what really matters, and manage expectations about design deliverables, and shipping the ultimate experience.
• Working with designers across scrum teams to estimate and scope design work; keep designers accountable for delivering work in a timely fashion.
• Working with product development leadership peers to identify the ‘big rocks’ to tackle, and working with scrum teams to break these big rocks down into manageable work efforts.
• Active involvement in recruiting for their team, and concerted effort in retaining top talent.
Support the professional development of team members through mentorship, coaching, and connecting them with resources.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
•Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
•Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
• 10+ years’ experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
• 2+ years’ experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
• Of the following skills, demonstrated mastery/expertise in 1, and strength in 2 more: : Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and User Research
• Experience leading a program of work across multiple teams through the full product development cycle (discovery, concepts, prototypes, specs)
• Consistently articulate a strong design rationale; storytelling skills that compel stakeholders; connect design decisions to broader strategic and business decisions; comfort presenting to all levels of seniority
• Experience working in a complex, regulated environment and managing through legal/compliance issues
• Experience leading with user-centered design approaches, principles, and methodology
• Experience managing creative design efforts in a complex environment
• Expertise with common design tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Photoshop)
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $112,000 Mid: $160,000 Max: $208,000
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $134,400 Mid: $192,000 Max: $249,600
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.